Gary Owen “Gut” Bratten, 56, of Chase City, Virginia passed away Tuesday, October 6, 2020. He was born June 28, 1964 in Seaford, Delaware. He was a Correctional Officer at the Lunenburg Correctional Center and an employee for David Buchanan, Jr. – State Farm Insurance. Gary was a member of Whitetail Hunting Club, The Wednesday Night Shop Club, and a former member of the Chase City Volunteer Fire Department. He was preceded in death by his daughter, Holly Nichole Bratten and brother, Greg Bratten. Gary is survived by his fiancé, Virginia Bowman; daughter, Lindsey Bratten Dillion and husband, Mike; three grandsons, Michael Adam Dillion, Parker Aaron Dillion, and Bennett Austin Dillion; mother, Barbara Littleton Berkeley; and father, David Bratten and wife, Joyce. He is also survived by his brother, Brian Bratten and wife, Sarah; nephews, Nick Bratten, Sean Bratten, Cameron Bratten, Kenneth Bratten, and Noah Bratten; and numerous friends. Graveside services were held at 2 p.m., Friday, October 9, 2020 at the Hardy-Mills Family Cemetery, Red Oak, Virginia 23964. In lieu of flowers, please consider memorial contributions in Gary’s memory to the Chase City Volunteer Fire Department, P.O. Box 595, Chase City, VA 23924 or The Mecklenburg County Cancer Association, P.O. Box 311, Chase City, VA 23924. Online condolences may be expressed to the family at www.newcomballgoodfh.com. Newcomb Allgood Funeral Home in Chase City, VA will be handling the arrangements.
- Beloved elementary teacher passes from COVID
- Face-to-face for secondary students unlikely this semester
- Clarksville votes against Halloween plans
- Clarksville announces extra $80k for third round of gift card match program
- Haunted Histories 2020: The haunting tales of two sisters
- Sherry Broughman Collier
- MacCallum More to Host 2nd Annual Garden Gift Gala
- Q & A with Democratic Congressional Candidate, Dr. Cameron Webb
- $22 Million established for statewide vaccination program when COVID vaccine approved
- How To Grow Asparagus
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.