Carter Hagood Glass, age 90, of Clarksville, passed away May 27, 2019. Carter was a retired construction operator and a member of Liberty Baptist Church. He was the son of the late Richard and Bessie Glass and was preceded in death by a granddaughter, Samantha Gross, and two brothers, Lee Glass and Richard Glass. He is survived by his wife of 67 years, Nell Harris Glass; children, Patricia Paschen and husband, Charles, of Texarkana TX, Ronald Glass of Clarksville, and Wanda Glass of Midlothian; sister, Rebecca Satterfield of Smithfield; grandchildren, Albert Powers, Heath Powers, and Brooke Nevius; 13 great grandchildren, three great-great grandchildren, and several nieces and nephews. Services were held Friday, 12:00 p.m., at Liberty Baptist Church. Contributions may be made to Liberty Baptist Church, 1260 Wilkerson Road, Skipwith, VA 23968. Wood Funeral Service, Chase City is serving the family. Condolences may be expressed at www.woodfuneralservice.com.
- Thursday storms leave closed roads, power outages
- 61.6 pounds of cocaine seized as DEA brings down trafficking ring in Brodnax
- Clarksville Dixie Softball will host two Tournaments starting this Friday
- Bailey looking for donation input
- Geraldine M. Smith
- Clarksville native makes $2.5 million donation to VUU
- Chase City Town Manager steps down
- Lakeview Motors brings new business to Chase City
- Thelma Owen Brankley
- Body identified as woman missing from Cumberland County
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Would you like to receive our daily news? Signup today!