Debra Lynn Gwaltney, age 57, of Chase City, Va passed away on Friday, July 10, 2020. She was born on January 29, 1963 in Halifax County, Virginia and was the daughter of Howard and Lois Gwaltney. Debra was a member of Easters United Methodist Church in Boydton where she loved to play the piano. She was a former Pharmacy Technician at Community Memorial Hospital in South Hill and a Secretary for the Children and Family Services in Boydton. She was preceded in death by her daughter, Holly Nichole Bratten and her father, Howard Lyttle Gwaltney. Debra is survived by her mother, Lois Robbins Gwaltney; two daughters, Lindsey Dillion and husband, Mike and Heather Melton; four grandchildren, Audrey Nichole Murray, Michael Adam Dillion, Parker Aaron Dillion, and Bennett Austin Dillion; and her special friend, Bill Davis. Visitation was held on Sunday, July 12, 2020 from 1 until 2 p.m. at the Newcomb Allgood Funeral Home Chapel. A graveside service followed at 2:15 p.m. at the Woodland Mausoleum in Chase City with Reverend Jeff Clemens officiating. In lieu of flowers, please consider memorial contributions to a charity of your choice. Online condolences may be expressed to the family at www.newcomballgoodfh.com. Newcomb Allgood Funeral Home in Chase City, Va will be handling the arrangements.
- Mecklenburg in the "red" on COVID risk scale
- Update: Route 58 bridge reopened
- Virginia Department of Elections warns public of possible scam
- COVID-19 Update: 30 case jump in one day
- County voices concerns over possible removal of Confederate monument
- Mecklenburg Grand Jury passes down 18 indictments
- Chase City to host new town logo contest
- Voting options and deadlines for Mecklenburg County
- Late Season Gardening
- Tough as Nails Plants that Belong in Your Garden, Part 2
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.