Charlotte Toombs Reese, age 92, of Chase City, passed away August 17, 2020. She was the daughter of the late Ernest and Florence Toombs, and the widow of Gordon Reese. Charlotte was also preceded in death by her son, Rickey Reese; a grandson, Tyler Reese; her brothers, Jack Toombs and Ernest Toombs, Jr.; and her sisters, Edith Warren, Madelene Moore, and Evelyn Ellington. She was a member of First Baptist Church and a retired employee of Hite’s Clothing. Surviving are her daughter, Tammy Newton and husband Gary; sister, Agnes Brankley; grandson, Jacob Newton; and her daughter-in-law, Juanita Carlton and husband, Bobby. Graveside services will be held 11:00 am Thursday at Woodland Cemetery with Dr. Tom Cribb officiating. Memorial contributions may be made to First Baptist Church, 206 East Second Street, Chase City, Va. 23924. Wood Funeral Service, Chase City is serving the family. Condolences may be expressed at www.woodfuneralservice. com
- Chase City moves forward with Trunk or Treat
- County offices close as COVID cases continue to rise; VDH locality breakdown
- Boydton Council talks CARES funding, sewer use agreements, and abandoned buildings
- Internet problems abound as new school year begins
- Looking forward to Clarksville’s Harvest Festival
- Nichols quells fears of COVID and virtual learning issues
- VADOC expands medication assisted treatment program
- SVCC welcomes new President of Enrollment
- MCPS states expectations for the 2020-2021 school year
- Chase City’s hidden gem: MacCallum More Museum and Gardens
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.