The Virginia State Police confirmed on Monday that the body recovered from a truck reported as stolen in Maryland on and found near South Hill on Thursday morning was that of Amy Renee Fabian. No cause of death was listed in the release issued early on Monday morning.

The search for Amy Renee Fabian, 43, began in the early morning hours of Friday when authorities in Cumberland received a report of a homicide at the home of Fabian on Mount Airy Lane. Arriving at the scene, Deputies found the body of Matthew T. Broyles, 29, of Powhatan County. Fabian and Broyles were described as friends by a spokesperson for the Virginia State Police.  George W. Knisley IV, 41, of Carroll County, Md., described as the former boyfriend of Fabian, was arrested in Raleigh on Friday night on a charge of the First Degree Murder of Broyles. Currently, he awaits extradition to Virginia where additional charges are said to be pending in Cumberland and Mecklenburg County.

Meanwhile, authorities continued to search around the South Hill area and on Thursday morning, located the large Ford work truck and human remains.  

Authorities focused their attention on the area after a car was hijacked at gunpoint in the area on Friday morning.  The missing car was recovered by police in Raleigh on Friday night.

Speaking on Thursday afternoon, Barry Carter of Buggy Depot said that he had noticed several officers walking around the property at around 11:00 A.M. and that within a few minutes, there were literally dozens of authorities at the scene. Carter also said that a witness had noticed a male subject matching the description of Knisley walking up the highway earlier that morning.

The area was secured and officers with the Mecklenburg County Sheriff's Office, Virginia State Police and the Virginia State Bureau of Investigation began an investigation that would last into the early evening.

Over the course of the nearly week long search, officers with the Cumberland County sheriffs Department, the Virginia State Police, the Powhatan Sheriff's Office, the Mecklenburg County Sheriff's Office, the South Hill Police Department, the Virginia Department of Emergency Management and the FBI have all been involved in the search.

The truck was finally removed from the scene at around 7:45 P.M. and the remains were transported to State Medical Examiner's Office in Richmond for autopsy and positive identification.

According to Monday’s press release, Knisley remains in custody in North Carolina awaiting extradition to Cumberland County where additional charges are still pending. Additional charges against Kinsley are also expected to be handed down in Mecklenburg County.